Thursday, February 10, 2011

Are You Still With Me?

I hope I didn't scare any of you off with the "Raging Bitch" post yesterday. You'll be happy to know, I'm all better. =)

Today, I resisted temptation. Not to strangle or run over someone, but to steer my vehicle away from the fast food joints. Well, the first one I was sort of forced to resist because they were closed. But the second option, now that one, I resisted!

I had a couple of errands to run this morning after dropping my son off at school. Bean was with me (for future reference, my daughter's nickname is Bean) and while waiting at Staples to get a printing order complete, she informed me that she wanted tater tots.

Mmmmmm tater tots....

Did this dieting Mommy deny my daughter the freedom to eat tater tots? Hell No! I told her I'll get a meal and she can save me some calories by eating my tater tots. =) Well, Sonic was closed so we had to pass up those tots and move to the next. Burger King.

Somewhere during the 10 minute drive towards Burger King (which you can see from my backyard by the way) my mind flashed to my checkbook. Not because I was broke but I was remembering a time where I would spend a ridiculous amount of money on fast food. Every other entry in my log would be fast food. It was terrible, really.

We manage pretty well I manage pretty well now with staying away from fast food, except for outings when we're not near home and the occasional, "I don't give a damn about calories and fat I just want a freakin' cheeseburger!". I even started a monthly menu for our dinners at home. And I'm proud to say that I started that back in April of last year and we're still stickin' to it! It saves a bundle on groceries too, since you're not roaming the aisles throwing this-and-that in there and hoping to form a few decent meals with all the stuff when you get home.

Anyway, I wanted to keep my checkbook "clean" so I did what what any one would do to avoid a screaming match, I lied to my daughter. I told her that Burger King was closed too. She was cool with it (Thank God), and I told her that we would go home and she could have a snack! Yay! (And for the record, she had already had a full breakfast prior to leaving the house, the tots were just a bonus.)

And for breakfast, I ate a Fiji apple and two hard-boiled eggs. And you wanna hear my childhood meets adulthood lunch? I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with brocolli on the side. Weird combo, but both delicious.

No comments: